top of page
EMIA FALL 2021 Workshops
EMIA FALL 2021 Workshops
From Mid-September through Mid-December, EMIA is offering Fall workshops in New York at various studios. Each workshop will be 2 hours in length and participants may register for one workshop at a time or multiples.
Workshops are $22 with registration and payable below. Space will be filled by the date and time of your completed registration. On the day of, if space is available, dancers may register and pay up to 1 hour prior to the start of an individual workshop. All workshop fees will be paid by PayPal or Venmo:
PLEASE NOTE, this is just the beginning of EMIA Fall 2021 Workshops' offerings! You will be sent additional workshop information as workshops are confirmed. Please make sure to sign-up for our mailing list via our website and follow us on Instagram (@earlmosley_diversityofdance) for updates on new released workshops!
- FREDRICK EARL MOSLEY (September 18th, 4pm-6pm) is a choreographer, educator, mentor, Martha Hill Foundation Award recipient, Dance Teacher's "Teacher of the Year" in 2005, Outstanding Artist Award from Connecticut Dance Alliance, and Founder/Artistic Director of Earl Mosley's Diversity of Dance.
- EHIZOJE AZEKE (September 26th, 2pm-4pm) is a performer, recently with "In The Heights", the movie, "Tik Tik Boom" with Lin-Manuel Miranda, and has performed with Beyonce, Madonna, Prince, Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, and Katy Perry.
- PATRICK COKER (October 2nd, 2pm-4pm) is a performer, choreographer, educator, previously with Cedar Lake Contemporary Dance, Jessica Lang Dance, BODYTRAFFIC, Mark Morris Dance Group, and is currently a dancer with The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
- AMY MILLER (October 9th, 6:30pm-8:30pm) is a performer, choreographer, educator, advocate, recipient of an Ohio Arts Council Individual Excellence Award for her choreography, has worked with Ohio Ballet, was a founding member of GroundWorks DanceTheater and is currently a Gibney Company Director.
- GREG DOLBASHIAN (October 13th, 6pm-8pm) is a choreographer, educator, mentor, and Co-Founder/Artistic Director of The PlaygroundNYC (voted 25 to watch in 2013 by Dance Magazine), DASH Ensemble, and DASH Academy.
- ROBERT REDICK (October 23rd, 2pm-4pm) is a performer, choreographer, and educator has been commissioned by Youth American Grand Prix, Frank Sinatra School of the Arts, Joffrey Ballet School, and is the curator and coordinator for the Uptown Rising Performance Series.
- ADRIENNE HURD (October 30th, 4pm-6pm) is a performer, choreographer, educator, and mother who has performed with The Jamison Project (assisting Judith Jamison as well), Neubert Ballet, Ailey II and is on faculty at American Ballet Theatre and The Ailey School as well as resident choreographer for the Nomad Contemporary Ballet Company.
- CLIFTON BROWN is a Bessie Award-Winning performer, choreographer, and educator who was nominated in the U.K. for a Critics Circle National Dance Award, and a founding member and rehearsal director for Jessica Lang Dance, worked with Lar Lubovitch Dance Company, and is the Assistant Rehearsal Director and Artist with the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
- LAJA FIELD (November 10th, 6pm-8pm) is a performer, educator, and creator who has worked with Johannes Wieland at the Staatstheater Kassel, is a foundering member of VIM VIGOR Dance Company, and is Co-Founder/Co-Director of LAJAMARTIN physical dance theatre.
- JESSE OBREMSKI (HYBRID - November 20th, 4pm-6pm) is a performer, choreographer, educator, mentor, and advocate who has performed with Brian Brooks Moving Company, Kate Weare Company, Gallim Dance, Buglisi Dance Theatre, WHITE WAVE, a principal with The Limón Company, is currently a Gibney Company Artistic Associate, Dance Magazine March 2019 Dancer "On The Rise", and is Founder/Artistic Director of Obremski/Works.
- Matthew Rushing (November 26th, 3-5pm with Fredrick Earl Mosley) is a performer, choreographer, educator, mentor, was named a Presidential Scholar in the Arts, Spotlight Awardee, Dance Magazine Awardee, has been a longtime company member with The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, and is currently AAADT's Associate Artistic Director.
- FRITZLYN HECTOR (VIRTUAL - December 1st, 6pm-8pm EST) is a performer, choreographer, and educator who was a long-time member of the New York City company of STOMP! and has been featured internationally with Jimmy Fallon, Harry Connick Jr., and Meredith Vieira.
- ANYA CLARKE (December 5th, 4pm-6pm) is a queer choreographer, dance artist, and educator. She is the Co-Founder, Co-Director, and lead choreographer with MICHIYAYA Dance who was Guest Lecturer and Residency Artist at Carnegie Mellon University's School of Art and Drama and is on faculty at Purchase Conservatory of Dance.
Please note, if you have not received a confirmation after registering within five working days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Dates and Times (EST) and Programs Subject to Change in compliance with COVID-19 Protocol and Safety Precautions
In order to keep our communities as safe as possible in-person, mask-wearing and proof of a COVID-19 Vaccination Record are both requirements for all workshops. Your completed Vaccination Card needs to be completed two weeks before your first workshop in EMIA Fall 2021. All workshops will be updated with new official CDC and WHO guidelines.
bottom of page